According to research agency danym internet marketing Netpeak
Since 2016 Head of Research Internet Marketing Agency Netpeak , Alexey Seleznyov, conducts quarterly research cost of a click in Russia. In this article, he shares some fresh data on the value of clicks and percentage of mobile traffic in the context of themes and regions in the first quarter 2020. For clarity, the data are compared with the third quarter of 2019 .
The study provides statistics only on projects Netpeak agency. The cost of a clique is influenced by many factors, including the Quality Score, wherein all accounts. Therefore, these studies may significantly differ from those of your advertising accounts with similar themes and regions.
As the study was conducted
For Russia, using data from Yandex at 1.7 million clicks in the 17 subject areas and 609 locations across the country.
All of the projects involved in the study were distributed among 17 subjects in depending on the scope of a particular project. Subjects defined at the account level, not at the keyword level.
- childen's goods;
- a house and a garden;
- food delivery;
- health and beauty;
- Furniture and interior
- the property;
- clothes shoes and accessories;
- sporting goods;
- building materials;
Projects that can not be defined uniquely themed, fall into a group of "supermarket", and projects with a few subjects - the group of "other".
How useful this study
These study findings may help in the drafting of media plans to promote on the Internet. Knowing the value of a click in your niche or region, and the conversion rate on your site, you can estimate the amount of the required investment in advertising and to predict the value of the conversion.
For example, if the cost of a click on your category is $ 0.07, and the conversion rate is kept at 1%, the value of the transaction will be approximately $ 7.
Understanding the cost of conversion and the required number of conversions, you can predict how much advertising you want to select.
For example, if you are planning on the basis of the data given above ($ 7 per transaction) to get 100 conversions, you will need about $ 700 on an advertising budget.
How much cost a click Yandeks.Direkte
1. The distribution of the cost of the clicks in the context of ad distribution network
cost of a click in the search became cheaper: now it costs $ 0.04 - $ 0.13, and in 2019 was in the range of $ 0.05 - $ 0.17.
YAN-per-click advertisers pay no more than $ 0.08 today and in comparison with 2019 cliques also became cheaper - earlier it was worth $ 0.12.
2. The cost of a click to the Yandex search network by region
The most expensive areas for the promotion of steel Moscow - $ 0.05 - $ 0.16, Omsk - $ 0.04 - $ 0.16, Tatarstan and St. Petersburg - $ 0.04 - $ 0.15. On average, across all regions compared to the third quarter of 2019 cliques became cheaper by $ 0.02 - $ 0.03.
Cheaper just click cost in the Chukotka Autonomous Area - $ 0.04 - $ 0.10.
3. The cost of a click to the Yandex search network in the context of themes
The most expensive, advertisers pay for clicks in the theme of "Health and Beauty" - $ 1 - $ 1,22, «IT» - $ 0,26 - $ 0,41 and "Food delivery" - $ 0.27 - $ 0.46.
Cheaper just click cost in the category "Home & Garden": $ 0.04 - $ 0.07, the same as in 2019.
4. The cost of a click in the Yandex Advertising Network in the context of themes
The most expensive was a click in the theme of "Health and Beauty": $ 0.56 - $ 1.17, Next is "Jewels": $ 0.15 - $ 0.34 and "Auto": $ 0.13 - $ 0.24.
Click cheaper cost in the category "Home & Garden": $ 0.03 - $ 0.05.
5. The cost of a click to the Yandex search network in the context of device types
Compared to Q3 2019, is now a desktop traffic has become cheaper and mobile rose slightly. Desktop cost in the first quarter of $ 0.06 - $ 0.17 (in 2019 $ 0.07 - $ 0.23), and a mobile $ 0.04 - $ 0.10 (in 2019 $ 0.04 - $ 0.14). Still, seeing that mobile traffic is cheaper desktop, so you need to take this into account in the optimization of advertising campaigns.
6. The share of mobile data traffic by region
The share of mobile traffic in Yandex in the first quarter of 2020 compared to the 2019 year subsided significantly and now stands at less than 35% (instead of 50% in 2019).
The largest share of mobile traffic was in the Far East, the Urals and Volga federal districts. In these regions, the proportion of the purchased in Yandex mobile traffic in the first quarter of 2020 was more than 85%.
The lowest share of mobile traffic in the North West and the North Caucasian Federal District - 10%, and reduced it by 5% compared to 2019 year.
7. Ratio traffic type devices sectional topics
The highest percentage of mobile traffic is observed in the subject of "Jewels" - more than 75%, followed by "Beauty and Health" and "Food delivery" - 70%, which is significantly increased: in 2019 it was no more than 40%.
The lowest share of mobile traffic in the category "Law" - less than 15%.
- In Q1 2020, Yandex search network clicks cost $ 0.04 - $ 0.13, which is slightly cheaper than in the third quarter of 2019 ($ 0.03 - $ 0.16). The most expensive areas for search engine promotion in 2020 were Moscow and Omsk: $ 0.05 - $ 0.16. Cheaper to pay per click was in the Chukotka Autonomous Area - $ 0.04 - $ 0.10. Looking at the context of subjects was the most expensive for niches click "Health & Beauty": $ 1 - $ 1.22, and the cheapest in the category "Home & Garden" $ 0.04 - $ 0.07.
- In the first quarter of 2020 in the Yandex advertising network clicks cost was in the range of $ 0.03 - $ 0.08. In terms of themes in the most expensive YAN advertisers pay for clicks in the niche "Health & Beauty": $ 0.56 - $ 1.17. Click cheaper cost in the category "Home & Garden": $ 0.03 - $ 0.05.
- The share of mobile traffic in Yandex in the first quarter of 2020 compared to the 2019 year subsided significantly and now stands at less than 35% (instead of 50% in 2019).
How much cost a click on the Google Ads in Russia in the first quarter of 2020 can be read in the first part of the study .