According to research agency danym internet marketing Netpeak
Since 2016 Head of Research Internet Marketing Agency Netpeak , Alexey Seleznyov, conducts quarterly research cost of a click in Russia. In this article, he shared some fresh data on the cost of a click in the context of themes of the first quarter of 2020. For clarity, we compare the data with the third quarter of 2019 .
The study provides statistics only on projects Netpeak agency. The cost of a clique is influenced by many factors, including the Quality Score, wherein all accounts. Therefore, these studies may significantly differ from those of your advertising accounts with similar themes and regions.
How useful this study
These study findings may help in the drafting of media plans to promote on the Internet. Knowing the cost of a click to your niche or region, and the conversion rate on your website, we can estimate the volume of necessary investments and advertising to predict the value of the conversion.
For example, if the cost of a click on your category is $ 0.07, and the conversion rate is kept at 1%, the value of the transaction will be approximately $ 7.
Realizing the cost of conversion and the required quantity, you can predict how much money you need to allocate to advertising.
For example, if you are planning on the basis of the data given above ($ 7 per transaction) to get 100 conversions, you will need about $ 700 on an advertising budget.
As the study was conducted
Russia accounted for Google data on 1.6 million clicks in the 22 subject areas and 624 locations across the country.
All of the projects involved in the study were divided among themed depending on the scope of a particular project. Subjects defined at the account level, not at the keyword level.
- childen's goods;
- a house and a garden;
- food delivery;
- flower delivery;
- Earning online;
- health and beauty;
- Furniture and interior
- the property;
- clothes shoes and accessories;
- sporting goods
- building materials;
- heavy industry and manufacturing;
Projects that can not be defined uniquely themed, fall into a group of "supermarket", and projects with a few subjects - the group of "other".
How much cost a click on the Google Ads
1. The distribution of the cost of the clicks in the context of ad distribution networks
The cost of advertising clicks on Google search has become more expensive: now it costs $ 0.04 - $ 0.24, and in the third quarter of 2019 was in the range of $ 0.03 - $ 0.16.
Click on the Google Display Network also rose slightly - $ 0.02 - $ 0.11, while in 2019, it cost $ 0.02 - $ 0.08.
2. The cost of a click on the Google Ads search network in the context of Russian regions
The most expensive region for the promotion of steel Jewish Autonomous Region: $ 0.06 - $ 0.35 and Orel region: $ 0.06 - $ 0.28. Cheaper just click costs in the Smolensk region: $ 0.03 - $ 0.18 and the Moscow region: $ 0.03 - $ 0.23.
3. The cost of a click on the Google Ads search network in the context of themes
The most expensive among the test subjects were to Google "Health & Beauty": $ 0.68 - $ 1.22, "Auto": $ 0.36 - $ 0.72 (in 2019 $ 0.05 - $ 0.10), "Jewelery" : $ 0.35 - $ 0.38 and «IT»: $ 0,28 - $ 0,95 (in 2019 $ 0.07 - $ 0.18).
Cheaper to pay per click advertisers in the subject of "Electronics" - $ 0.01.
4. The cost of a click on the Google Display Network Google Ads sectional topics
The most expensive in the IMR in Russia were the subject of "Health and Beauty" - $ 0.12 - $ 0.20, "Law" - $ 0.07 - $ 0.10, "Tourism" - $ 0.09.
The cheapest click on Display ad was in the category "Home & Garden": $ 0.01.
5. The cost of a click on the Google Ads search network in the context of device types
In the first quarter of 2020 click on your ad from a computer cost $ 0.06 - $ 0.32 (in 2019 $ 0.04 - $ 0.22), and mobile devices $ 0.04 - $ 0.23 (2019-click cost $ 0, 03 - $ 0.16).
6. The volume of traffic on the Google Ads for device types by region
In the regions of Russia mobile traffic is more than 50% of the total purchased by Google.
Most its proportion in the first quarter of 2020 was observed in Dagestan and Chechnya, and was about 90%. The smallest proportion in Mari El and Karelia - slightly above 50% (2019 - 65 - 70%).
7. The volume of traffic on the Google Ads on the types of devices in the context of themes
In terms of topics also dominated mobile traffic: in the subject of "flowers" and "Jewelry", he has made more than 90%.
The lowest percentage was observed in the subject of "furniture and interior" and "Legal" - below 50% (2019 although these subjects had 80 - 90%).
- In the first quarter 2020 cost of a click in the search has become more expensive: is now $ 0.04 - $ 0.24, and in the third quarter of 2019, it cost $ 0.03 - $ 0.16. The most expensive region for search engine promotion in 2020 was the Jewish Autonomous Region: $ 0.06 - $ 0.35, and the most cheaply click cost for the Smolensk region: $ 0.03 - $ 0.18. In the context of subjects, the most expensive in finding advertisers for clicks in the niches of "Beauty and Health": $ 0.68 - $ 1.22 and "Auto": $ 0.36 - $ 0.72.
- Click on the Google Display Network also slightly rose Click: in the first quarter of 2020 it is in the range of $ 0.02 - $ 0.11 (in 2019 cost $ 0.02 - $ 0.08). The most expensive Topics GDN were "Health and Beauty" $ 0.12 - $ 0.20, "Jurisprudence" $ 0.07 - $ 0.10 and "Tourism" $ 0.09.
- Click on your ad from your computer to Google cost $ 0.06 - $ 0.32, and mobile devices $ 0.04 - $ 0.23.
- Depending on the region, the share of mobile data traffic accounted for 50% - 90% of the total purchased by Google. Almost in the same manner as in 2019 (60% - 90%).